For those who simply can't stand the pressure of deadlines (and face it, who among us relishes deadlines?), the good news is that, for the most part, the hustle and bustle of Early Action, Early Decision, Restricted Early Action, and other niceties (or not so niceties) of the "get 'em in while they're hot" college application process is nearly over.

The waiting game now begins for those who submitted their applications early (good luck!), and the next chapter of the college admissions game book opens for those who, for whatever reason, opted to forego the early bird menu.

While some may fret at not having submitted their applications by whatever "early" date (or dates, for schools that have an "Early Action II" deadline, whatever that is), there's still time, and more than a vast number of quality colleges with admissions officers standing by, for that Regular Decision and/or Rolling Admissions application.

Consider colleges that accept applications -- without a cutoff date -- until the incoming class has been filled (which can sometimes be just before classes begin in the fall). Here's a link to a list (current as of this writing, but not necessarily all inclusive) of schools that fit the so-called Rolling Admissions bill:

Check the websites of the colleges you may be interested in (look under "Prospective Students" or "Admissions") for the particulars and policies.

You may also want to check out the list of Common App member colleges, where deadlines can be gleaned. Some schools are truly rolling, while others have Regular Deadline dates as far into next year as August (when the kids entering college in the fall of 2015 will start applying).

Granted, waiting to apply later down that proverbial road does have its disadvantages. For one thing, on-campus housing options may be limited, or non-existent, for late entrants into the game. So, too, could prospects for favorable financial aid awards be foreclosed, particularly from colleges that dole out the bucks on a first come, first served basis. [Yet another reason to complete and submit the CSS Profile (for those schools that require it) as soon as possible, and to submit the FAFSA to all colleges early on in the new year (on or after January 1).]

Yes, the heart of the college application feeding frenzy may be just about over for somewhere in the neighborhood of 30% of the freshman class of 2014. For the other 70%, now chomping at the bit as they approach the starting gate, let the college admission games begin!

Plan. Prepare. Prevail!

The views and opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of The College Whisperer.

Who knows what peril lurks in the college application and admissions process? The College Whisperer knows. . .

* * *
Comments? Questions for The College Whisperer
Write us at

The College Whisperer™ is the Trademark of
COLLEGE CONNECTION, Official Sponsor of College Admission Success. The road to college begins at COLLEGE CONNECTION! Whether you are applying to college, planning for college, paying for college or simply thinking about college, COLLEGE CONNECTION can help! Call TODAY for a FREE telephone consultation. 516-345-8766

For up-to-the-minute news, apps, info and insights on college applications, admissions, scholarships and just about everything college, follow The College Whisperer™ on Twitter at