No Big Deal!

Sure, somewhere in the neighborhood of 30% of prospective college students will be accepted via Early Action/Early Decision. Yes, had you applied Early Action, (a) most or all of your college applications would have been completed and submitted before Thanksgiving, (b) you would have increased your chances, though only slightly in most instances, of being accepted by the college of your choice, and (c) you'd typically have an admission decision in hand (or in your email inbox) sometime between December 15 and January 15.

So what?

30% of the freshman class already filled? That leaves 70% wide open. College applications submitted before Thanksgiving? Ha! I dream up the best essay topics while in a Tryptophan-induced stupor. Better chance of getting in to the college of your choice? Well, better to have taken the time to completely and accurately prepare that perfect application than to tempt fate by rushing it, submitting the half-baked and not quite ready for prime time. Having admissions decisions before Christmas (or at least by Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)? No matter. Patience is a virtue. Anyway, good things come to those who wait. [And as  The College Whisperer ™ often says, while the early bird may catch the worm, it is typically the second mouse that gets the cheese!]

No worries, then, if you haven't quite completed your college application, put the finishing touches on that essay and supplemental questions and writings, or started to search, in earnest, for scholarships to pay for tuition, room, board and Fraternity/Sorority dues.

Why, considering colleges that are  Common App members (our condolences :-) alone, there are some 500 among them that have submission deadlines (including Regular Decision and Rolling Admissions) on or after November 15. [The bulk of Regular Decision deadlines fall between December 1 and January 1. Some extend well into the new year! Then, too, there are financial aid deadlines (including  CSS Profile and  FAFSA), some mandated by the states or feds, others set by the colleges themselves, so always keep that in mind.]

Haven't started yet? Okay. While it is certainly not too late, time -- and college admissions -- wait for no one.

Yes, the heart of the college application feeding frenzy may be just about over for somewhere in the neighborhood of 30% of the freshman class of 2015. For the other 70%, now chomping at the bit as they approach the starting gate, let the  college admissions game begin!

Get going on those college apps, but don't just get them done for the sake of submitting. Have them completed accurately, and submitted, properly, and then, actually get in to the college of your choice!

Call  COLLEGE CONNECTION today at 516-345-8766 and let us help you successfully navigate the road to college!
- - - 

At COLLEGE CONNECTION, We've Got Your Back. And Your Best Moves Forward!

Find Us on the web at
 College Connection
Check out The College Whisperer blog
College Connection on Twitter icon_sm_twitter.gif Follow Us
The College Whisperer™ on Facebook icon_sm_facebook.gif Like Us On Facebook